Center for Research, Engineering, Science, and Technology
CREST is a four-year Career and Technical Education STEM program offered at Paradise Valley High School that provides students with the opportunity to study one of three specialized disciplines:
Students enrolled in the CREST program are PVHS students. CREST is a recognized leader in STEM education with instructors who continuously develop innovative and engaging ways to provide students with authentic learning experiences that enhance the curriculum. Small class sizes, academic support, laboratory experience, collaboration with university and industry professionals, and a rich campus life provide many opportunities for academic and personal growth.
At CREST, we are focused on creating an authentic, student-centered, problem-based learning environment. Students are inspired by a collaboration with peers, teachers, universities, and industry experts through mentoring, job shadowing, and internship programs.
Emphasizing rigor, relevance, and relationships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, CREST students graduate prepared and fully qualified to pursue STEM-oriented degrees at the postsecondary level.
Students that have been successful in the CREST program possess the following qualities:
- Strong math, writing, and communication skills
- An interest in science, technology, engineering, and math
- Motivation to perform at a high level in a rigorous academic environment
- Desire to interact with university and industry professionals
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to problem-solving
- The ability and willingness to work in diverse collaborative groups
Each year, a maximum of 50 students will be accepted into each of the three CREST programs of study. Students who live outside of the PVSchools, and the Paradise Valley High School attendance boundaries are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about CREST, please take a look at the links below:
Areas of Study - CREST strands and teacher-narrated virtual tours
- Program of Study - course progressions and graduation requirements
- Internships - internship description and requirements
- Tours - tour registration calendar and virtual tours of each strand
- Apply to CREST - ready to apply? Head over to this page.
Students who are interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) careers are invited to apply for the CREST Program.
There is no deadline to apply to CREST, but strands start to fill up in January.