Apply to CREST
CREST Information Night
Monday, October 3, 2022, 5-8 PM at Paradise Valley High School Auditorium
Applications for the 2023-2024 School Year Open October 4, 2022
CREST accepts 50 students in each of the three strands: Bioscience, Engineering, and Computer Science. While there is no due date for applications, strands start to fill up by Winter Break. Since CREST is a four-year program, we only admit incoming 9th-grade students each year.
To successfully complete your application, please follow these steps:
- Application: Complete the online application (starting October 4, 2022). The application includes the links for the recommendation forms and the online interview.
- Recommendations: Send your recommendation form link to the all of the following:
- Interview: Complete the online interview:
- You will receive the link to online interview when you complete the application.
- The CREST program interview consists of several video responses. If you do not have access to a computer with a webcam, please contact the CREST Program Coordinator, Pamela Fulk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 602.449.2102.
- PV Schools students do not need to send current grades; we will check your grades.
- Students from outside the Paradise Valley School District: Please ask your current school to email your most recent grades to Program Coordinator Pamela Fulk (see email address above). We do not require transcripts, just current grades.
- What factors are taken into account for acceptance into the CREST program?
- What are the requirements to apply to CREST? Do students have to be in honors classes to apply to CREST?
- If you are not attending a PV school currently but live in the PV school district are you eligible to apply?
- How many applications do you receive on average each year and how many students are accepted?
- Can I apply to more than one strand?
- Is CREST an “elective”? Is it just a few hours of their day or an entire program?
- Do CREST students interact with other students attending PV High School?
- Is there an option to take a dual enrollment courses in lieu of AP courses while enrolled in CREST?
- What is the block schedule?
- What if the student discovers that this isn’t the right program for them after a few weeks?
- What is the internship program?
- Do you have a list of college acceptance for graduating CREST students?
- What kinds of awards and scholarships do CREST students earn?