Portrait of a CREST Student
Who is the CREST student?
- We are looking for inquisitive students who get the itch to figure something out that they don't understand.
- We are looking for students who like to get their hands dirty, literally or figuratively.
- We are looking for students who have an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- We are looking for students who like to take risks.
- We are looking for students who are problem-seekers and problem-solvers. We're looking for students who are willing to take chances.
- We are looking for students who are humble enough to ask questions and seek answers from others but confident enough to keep going when things aren't easy.
- We are looking for students who work well together and can lead a group and be led by others.
- We are looking for students who are nervous about trying something new but are excited by the opportunities it will give them.
As our students engage with our curriculum, work through their program strand, and solve difficult and complex problems with what they have learned in class, they will gain the skills they need to be successful in the world after CREST.
The PVHS CREST Graduate will:
- Be comfortable taking risks.
- Have the confidence to tackle difficult problems and the humility to seek out the answers from others when necessary.
- Have the ability to create innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Think critically and analyze information.
- See things from multiple perspectives and understand them in different contexts.
- Look at the world with curiosity and wonder.
- Work well in teams, leading when appropriate and following when necessary.
- Be kind to all others in our world.
What are the traits of a CREST student?