About Our School
What Is Trojan PRIDE?
Welcome to Paradise Valley High School (PVHS)! Whether you’re a freshman, a returning student or a new student, we’re glad you’re here. There are a few things that you need to know about your school, because it’s different from other schools. We utilize the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework to promote student success. We live, work and play by our PRIDE motto. PRIDE is an acronym that represents the traits that we strive to represent on a daily basis through our choices, words and actions:
Prepare. Respect. Initiate. Do. Excel.
The culture of our campus is built upon a foundation of core beliefs to ensure student achievement. Our goal is to provide and encourage an environment in which all students develop a passion for learning and acquire the skills necessary to create, compete, and succeed in college, career and their personal lives.
At PVHS, we show PRIDE in everything we do!
- Paradise Valley High School (PVHS) staff members genuinely enjoy students, seek to understand them as individuals, build and restore meaningful relationships, and passionately believe that every student can achieve success.
- PVHS staff members champion and embody our culture of PRIDE with their mindset and actions every day.
- PVHS teachers: demonstrate a growth mindset, actively collaborate within Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), and use data to improve instruction and increase student achievement.
- PVHS teachers consistently plan and implement relevant, engaging, and innovative activities that inspire every student to achieve beyond their own perceived abilities.
- PVHS staff members demonstrate cultural proficiency and ensure equity by continuously adapting their practices to be inclusive of the individual needs and background of every student.
- PVHS staff members recognize that family and community members can be valuable partners and proactively reach out to them for resources and support.
- PVHS staff members are collectively responsible for improving the academic and social literacy of every student, regardless of the subject they teach or the role they perform.
The Mission of Paradise Valley High School is to inspire every student to develop a growth mindset by teaching skills and providing support to empower students who will create, compete, and succeed in college, career and their personal lives.
3950 East Bell Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Records and Registration Services end at 3:00pm
School Hours: 7:30 am - 2:10 pm
Early Release Days: 7:30 am - 11:30 am
PRIDE+: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
Media Center Hours: 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
Media Center closes at 11:30 am on Early Release Days
Phone: (602) 449-7000