About Our School
Welcome to Paradise Valley High School (PVHS)! Whether you’re a freshman, a returning student or a new student, we’re glad you’re here.
There are a few things that you need to know about your school, because it’s different from other schools. We utilize the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework to promote student success. We live, work and play by our PRIDE motto. PRIDE is an acronym that represents the traits that we strive to represent on a daily basis through our choices, words and actions:
Prepare. Respect. Initiate. Do. Excel.
The culture of our campus is built upon a foundation of core beliefs to ensure student achievement. Our goal is to provide and encourage an environment in which all students develop a passion for learning and acquire the skills necessary to create, compete, and succeed in college, career and their personal lives.
At PVHS, we show our Trojan PRIDE in everything we do!
- All Paradise Valley High School (PVHS) staff members champion and embody our culture of PRIDE through mindset, instruction and interactions with students and colleagues every day.
- All PVHS staff members genuinely enjoy students, seek to understand them as individuals, build and restore meaningful relationships, and passionately believe that every student can achieve success.
- PVHS teachers demonstrate a growth mindset and actively collaborate within Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), using data and student feedback to drive instruction and increase achievement.
- PVHS teachers provide Tier 1 instruction that includes flexible learning opportunities and multiple levels of support to meet the significantly varied academic and social-emotional needs of all students.
- PVHS teachers demonstrate instructional clarity by delivering instruction with clear learning intentions, desired success criteria, meaningful experiences, and aligned assessments.
- PVHS teachers consistently plan and implement relevant, engaging, and dynamic learning experiences that inspire every student to achieve beyond their own perceived abilities.
- All PVHS staff members ensure equity by continuously adapting their practices to respect and honor individuals’ strengths and differences.
- All PVHS staff members recognize that family and community members can be valuable partners and proactively engage them as resources and support for our students.
- All PVHS staff members are valuable partners in improving the academic literacy and social-emotional well-being of every student, regardless of the subject they teach or the role they perform.
The Mission of Paradise Valley High School is to inspire every student to develop a growth mindset by teaching skills and providing support to empower students who will create, compete, and succeed in college, career and community.
The Vision of Paradise Valley High School is to establish a community where… students want to go to school, parents want to send their children, and teachers want to teach. A school where every student feels safe, known, and cared for, and believes they have the ability to learn and grow.
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Records and Registration Services: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
School Hours: 7:30 am - 2:10 pm
Early Release Days: 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Media Center Hours: 7:00 am - 3:15 pm
(Media Center closes at 11:30 am on Early Release Days)
Colors: Red, White
Year Established: 1957